Is skilled touch that eases distress in people with dementia AND their care-partners. This practical, evidence-informed approach literally puts in your hands a non-pharmacological solution that:
- Is Feasible: Uses existing resources | Easy to learn | Practicality ensures sustainability
- Is Effective: Decreases anxiety | Promotes sleep | Eases pain | Builds trust in caregivers | Provides a non-pharmacological prevention strategy for behavioral symptoms
- Facilitates Staff Satisfaction: Reduces job burnout | Builds strong relationships | Aligns with person-centered care practices
- Encourages Family Engagement: Provides a means for family to calm, comfort and support their loved one | Enhances the family’s experience as a member of the care-team
- Strengthens Marketability with a unique program for community outreach | Sets your organization apart | Demonstrates commitment to culture change
"Because Touch is Good Medicine"
ABOUT OUR PROGRAMStep One: Compassionate Touch® Coach Training
- Upon completion of this six-hour workshop, attendees are designated as a Compassionate Touch® Coaches and authorized to teach fellow staff members and conduct community outreach presentations.
- We license your organization to use the Compassionate Touch® branded program and materials for one year with annual renewal.
- We provide on-going support for Coaches throughout the license period